Mark Ruffalo reveals Robert Downey Jr convinced him to play The Hulk in The Avengers

Actor Mark Ruffalo is one of the beloved Marvel superheroes but he wasn't always convinced about playing the role of The Hulk. In fact, he had turned down the role in The Avengers when he was approached by director Joss Whedon and Iron Man himself, Robert Downey Jr. It was RDJ who convinced him to take on the role.

Mark Ruffalo reveals Robert Downey Jr convinced him to play The Hulk in The Avengers

"I was scared," Mark Ruffalo recently told Jimmy Fallon during an interview on The Tonight Show while promoting his HBO series. "I didn't know what I could add to what I already thought had been done so well before me."

One of the reasons was that he had only been part of indie movies until that point. "So I was like, 'I don't know if I'm the right person for this.' And Joss Whedon's like, yeah, you are the right person,'" he recalled their conversation.

"And then I got a call from Downey, it must've made it to him that I was hemming and hawing, and he just simply said, 'Ruffalo, let's go. We got this.' In true Iron Man fashion. And then after that, I was like, 'I guess I have to do it', he further revealed.

While Marvel has been secretive about their scripts and at times have reportedly given fake scripts to the cast, Ruffalo had managed to get his hands on 20 pages of it and whatever Bruce Banner's character was written till that point. "I wanted to read a script, and they don't give you scripts. I made a promise when I was a young actor that I would never do another movie without reading a script beforehand because it's a recipe for disaster, and then you get stuck in something — our only power as young actors are our ability to say 'no' sometimes," Ruffalo explained. "And so I was like, 'I need to read something,' and the studio was like, 'We're sorry, we don't give anything out.' "

"I read that first scene of when Scarlett [Johansson], when Black Widow finds Banner in India, and I was like, 'Okay, I love this'. It was different, you know. I was like, 'Oh, okay ... It's humorous and it's kind of playful and I think I could do something with it'," he said.

He went onto star in several films including the last one Avengers: Endgame that released worldwide in April last year. But, that has not stopped him from hoping about Hulk standalone film. "We’ve never really followed him into his life. He’s always kind of off on the side," Ruffalo said to Variety recently. "He’s like the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern of the Avengers. It’d be interesting to fill in all the blanks about what happened to him in between all these movies."

There are also talks about She-Hulk series on Disney + which might see his character Hulk show up. “There’s nothing completely at a place where it’s a done deal,” the actor said. “There’s some talk of having Banner/Hulk show up in [the Disney Plus series] ‘She–Hulk.’ If we come up with something good, that would be really interesting. Right now that’s about it. That’s all there is on the table.”

ALSO READ: Mark Ruffalo reveals he had turned down the role of Hulk in The Avengers, has an idea for standalone movie and speaks about She-Hulk series



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/2YQdAMs
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0 Comments